Tuesday, March 11, 2008

of sickness and death (don't worry)

Miette has been on the couch asleep and breathing noisily with a fever of 103.4 since 6:30 PM this evening. She just had a visit with the school nurse (who comes into all the classes for a check-up on their hearing, sight, teeth, growth, etc.) a few days ago and Julian had his visit today and oddly enough, I was just thinking how lucky I was to have kids that rarely get sick... I guess I forgot to touch wood.

It was interesting getting the reports back from the nurses though! Miette said the nurse told her she was "une jolie petite fille parfaite" and on Julian's form she (a different nurse) wrote "adorable petit garçon". My perfect pretty little girl and adorable little boy. And neither of them have any problems with hearing, sight, or any cavities. Julian's nurse even evaluated their language development and graphic skills (they see if they can draw a complete person)! They send home a little booklet with information on where a 4 year old should be development-wise. These are nice things about the french system....

On an unrelated note, I made mexican food for lunch with my friends S and C and it was so good to have some great people with whom I could share some of my favorite food that I miss so much here in France. Jaffrey's refried black beans, guacamole, and homemade salsa.... And as somehow our post-lunch conversation meandered over to the subject of death, in the thick of the discussion, we noticed a hearse pulling up to the church that we see from my balcony, and people starting to flood in for a funeral. We scrambled to touch wood then...

2 comments:

sylvie d said...

Eva thank you for the lovely food and conversation I always have the best time on these occasions ;-)
I hope Miette is ok x

Catalina said...

Lovely lovely time and food! Thank you Eva!

Yes...I told Thomas about our "incident" :)

I imagine Miette is getting better now