Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Did I mention its freezing here?

Yes, it is currently colder than I though possible for this supposedly-insulated-from-extreme-temperatures-by-gulf-stream-waters seaside town. There is frost on the grass and cars and when biking, the wind absolutely cuts like a blade. But no snow still! I won't complain about the cold, it makes it feel like Christmas. Rain and 55 degree weather just doesn't fit the bill.

I am leaving momentarily to do "english" in Julian's classroom. This will consist of singing a couple songs and doing little fingerplays. I may sing "We wish you a Merry Christmas" but it's kind of boring and doesn't have any motions to go with it. 12 days of Christmas is cool with the numbers and animals etc., but too complicated for 4 year old non-english speakers. Anyway, I dressed Jules in his american flag sweater that Grandma Debby sent so he would be our little cultural mascot for the day! (Plus, it's warm!)

Our tree is up and already shedding. Miette has already started putting random crap on it to decorate- a habit which I'll have to nip in the bud before we have a franken-tree. We got packages from Grandma and Grandpa Brown and Aunt Rhonda with some ornaments and other christmas doodads and the little angel from Rhonda is already perched on top!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Eva, Let her decorate, she has to start somewhere! I hope you'll post a picture of the franken-tree. Aunt Debbie wondered if you recieved the Texas things she sent for your class work. Mom

Unknown said...

Hi Miette! Merry Christmas! Did You get the Flat Stanley I sent you? Mrs.Prohaska is realy great. We're doing division already! After break we're doing two digit multiplacation problems! Get ready for third grade!
Love,
ida